Developing the Theory of Planned Behavior in the Realm of Cash Waqf


  • Qonita Rifda Zahirah Universitas Brawijaya, Indonesia
  • Julina Universitas Islam Negeri Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau, Indonesia
  • Bambang Kariyawan SMAS Cendana Pekanbaru, Indonesia



Attitudes, Cash Waqf Intention, PBC, Religiosity, Subjective Norms


Purpose According to the Indonesian Waqf Board (BWI), the potential for cash waqf in Indonesia reaches IDR 180 trillion per year. However, the large potential of waqf cannot yet be optimized properly. Therefore, this research aims to examine the influence of religiosity, subjective norms, attitudes, and perceived behavioral control (PBC) on the cash waqf intention.

Method This research was carried out in Pekanbaru City. Data was collected using a questionnaire distributed online using an accidental sampling technique. A total of 160 respondents participated in this research. Data were analyzed using multiple linear regression analysis.

Result The results found that religiosity, subjective norms, attitudes, and perceived PBC had a positive and significant effect. The contribution of these four variables was 47.2%, while the remaining 52.8% was influenced by other variables not studied.

Novelty This is the first research in Pekanbaru City that add the religiosity variable to the Theory of Planned Behavior.